Monday, September 7, 2015

Hike to the Harding Ice Field

2,800 feet above sea level, lies one of the most incredible works of God I have ever experienced: the Harding Ice Field. Stretching out to the size of Rhode Island, the Harding Ice Field is a sheet of ice that feeds all of the glacier in Kenai Fjords National Park. 


Photo credit: National Park Service


This hike is no joke. I knew I was in for a challenging day when I neared the trailhead to the ice field, and several park rangers wished us good luck. We took our time climbing, and I'm glad we did- the views were fantastic the entire time!








It took us so long to get to the top, but WOW, was it worth it!






All smiles for making it to the top!



It was amazing to take in the sheer size of this amazing work of God!

"He makes me as surefooted as a deer, enabling me to stand on mountain heights"
Psalm 18:33



xoxo,
Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment