Friday, May 29, 2015

Resurrection Bay Cruise

Last Sunday, I had the opportunity to go on a 4-hour cruise around Resurrection Bay for free. The Alaska SeaLife Center has established partnerships with local businesses in Seward, AK, which enables the employees to benefit from discounts and promotions. Some of my friends and I took advantage of this opportunity and got to go on the Kenai Fjords Boat Tour.

The Resurrection Bay Tour map, photo credit: Kenai Fjords Tours


Boarding pass for Kenai Fjords Tour

The day started out like most of my days in Seward: spotting sea otters in the water. We whale watched for a majority of the trip, and it was about 39 degrees and raining, so only the brave stayed on the bow of the boat! (I did)

Whale patrol on the bow of the boat

We stopped at Fox Island for lunch, where we had an all-you-can-eat buffet of salmon and prime rib. I scarfed down my food so I could go out and explore! We played on the beach until it was time to go back on the boat. 





Once we got back on the boat, we cruised around until we saw a group of harbor seals hauled out on the coast of another island. It was amazing to see harbor seals in the wild! Shortly after, we saw a pod of orcas! It was incredible! A video can be found on my Instagram: julieahodgin


Even though we had to brave the elements, we had an incredible time on Resurrection Bay. I will soon be going on an 8.5 hour cruise to visit some glaciers, and I will be sure to blog about it afterward!




xoxo,
Jules


Instagram: julieahodgin


No comments:

Post a Comment