Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Welcome to Alaska!

Even though I only had one hour of sleep prior to my departure, the Alaskan scenery woke me up like no other. In the last two hours of my flight to Anchorage, the snow-capped mountains filled my little airplane window. I was almost in tears, I had anticipated arriving in Alaska for so long, just to see it in person was incredible.


After about an hour at the hotel, I got picked up by a local. Ken had worked at the North Carolina Zoo before transferring to the Alaska Zoo in Anchorage. He drove me to Palmer, Alaska, where we visited a reindeer farm. We had such a fun time! 

The view in Palmer, Alaska




The following morning, I woke up at 4:30AM in order to catch the train to Seward, Alaska. Seward is where I will be spending the summer, working at the Alaska SeaLife Center. The train ride to Seward was like a majestic dream. I ended up taking over 200 photos! 
Every turn was a new postcard. 






And now I have officially arrived in Seward, and start work at the Alaska SeaLife Center tomorrow!

Until next time...

 xoxo,
     Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment